It’s been a while since our last list of TD (Tower Defense) games and in the meantime game developers haven’t been sitting still! That’s why I thought it was time to update the previous list and show you today’s thirteen best Free Tower Defense games.

Let’s get started with some free/premium browser-based (Flash) games.

13 Warzone Tower Defense

Free Flash game

Play

A great Tower Defense game, Warzone Tower Defense shows you a large grid where you can place your powerful towers. The key to this game is to have the waves of enemies ride the path you want them to take so you have the most time to blast them to pieces. Don’t just place your towers in a straight line to the base you’re defending. Block passage ways and create paths by strategically placing your guns, cannons, flame throwers, wall blocks and more!

Tower Defense Games 13 Most Awesome Free Tower Defense Games warzone tower defense free online flash game

List by: | September 14, 2011 | Entertainment

32 comments, join the conversation!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

List written by: Sietse

Sietse (Seet-suh) is the founder of Allyouneedislists.com and all-round web enthusiast. Designing websites for about 10 years, but only creating content since 2009. The name is Dutch, in case you're wondering.

32 Comments

1. YEAHHH!!! KINGDOM RUSH !!!

THE BEST!!!

• lol, a true fan ;)

Can’t wait for Kingdom Rush 2…

2. Kingdom Rush and Cursed Treasure (russian devs rules!!!) are realy awesome. But others are not awesome.

3. Totally agree with you on your #1. I think Kingdom Rush is my highest rated review on my review site currently. Also glad to see Gem Craft Labyrinth place highly. Kind of surprised Cursed Treasure didn’t place too high though, I’d have expected it in top 3. Although the level pack I guess wasn’t as revolutionary as the original game.

4. Agreed in Kingdom rush. Its the most polished. But I am surprised Pokemon TD didn’t get a nod. Maybe you guys over looked it?

• Thanks for your input mate.

Pokemon TD was actually pointed out in a another article as well, but the requirement to sign up with your email address through a flash game made me decide not to incorporate it in this list.

Unfortunate, I know :)

For those interested, here’s a link: http://www.playtowerdefensegames.com/games/1078/play.html

5. kingdom rush is a sweet game one of the best ive ever played

6. i love tower defense games….

7. Agree with kingdom rush.. esp for its hard mode.. replay value that others dont capture.. but imo Viking defence deserves a place at the top.. if im not wrong it was by the same ppl as canyon defence (#11) and its better

• What does it do, exactly?

8. I love to play the “Kingdom Rush & Cursed Treasure. They are awesome but, i also liked the Frontier Defense as well. Great list of games buddy. Seeking some more!!!

9. Fantastic Tips! I love this game so much :)

10. I really like KINGDOM RUSH game concept but i really HATE this because there ar PREMIUM CONTENT that must be payed… but if we didn’t buy it, we lose a really cool stuff that can make win easier… this game just like a demo because we miss cool stuff if don’t PAYING

• true, but you can decide for yourself how much to pay for this content. If you think it’s worth $10 you pay $10, if you think you only want to spend 50 cents on it then that’s okay too. It’s worth it :)

11. I love Kingdom Rush and Gemcraft! I didn’t know that Castaway has a TD version…gotta try it now!

12. Bloons tower defenense 5 is the best :D

• Thanks for the hint, will make a new list of Tower Defense games soon! :)

• Hi Egor,

Thanks for your addition, will see if it can be included in an updated list next month.

13. This excellent website certainly has all of the information and facts I
    wanted concerning this subject and didn’t know who to ask.

14. Great collection. Was looking for alternatives of Kingdom Rush

15. Have you ever played ‘Incursion’?
    I love that one.

16. Most people that i know love to play BTD games, and even the SAS Zombie Assault td, all by ninjakiwi.com , easily my favorite gaming site! If you can find games like SASZATD and games like BTD5, talk to me! (BTD is Bloons Tower Defense for those who dont know)

17. You should definitely check Age of Defenders. It’s still in development so it’ll get even better in the future. Beta is available now. What is really great that it has offense as well, so it’s not typical TD. They are mainly focused on multiplayer I think, which is awesome in my humble opinion:)

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Ironhide Game Studio (@ironhidegames) - Kingdom Rush got #1 on the 13 MOST AWESOME FREE TOWER DEFENSE GAMES by Allyouneedislists.com!... http://t.co/KYA9nyur
  2. BG (@buzzgames) - 13 Most Awesome #Free Tower Defense #Games http://t.co/JT4OKm1z via @pryourblog
  3. | introvert.me - [...] 13 Most Awesome Free Tower Defense Games   [...]
  4. MisunderstoodWarrior (@trancekr) - 13 Most Awesome Free Tower Defense Games http://t.co/G699IwEX via @aynilists
  5. 5 More Tower Defense Games For Android and iPhone - [...] of the more popular lists on this site is the one about 13 very entertaining Tower Defense games for …
  6. 28 Most Addictive Free Online Upgrade Games - […] 13 Most Awesome Free Tower Defense Games […]
  7. Top 69 Most Played Free Online Browser Flash Games on ArmorGames.com - All You Need Is Lists! - […] already a list of the 13 best Tower Defense games and some more here, but here’s a new list of …