If you like to vacation in style, nothing less than the best luxury settings and resorts will do. Consider the following combinations of exotic locales and luxury amenities as you design holidays that you’ll never forget.
More than one thousand coral islands form the Maldives, which is located off the southwest coast of India. The sands are white and the water is clear, and the Maldives serves one of the most incredible diving and snorkeling spots out there. If you’re looking for a luxury vacation, look no further. Every resort in the Maldives takes up its very own island. From over-the-water villas to underwater restaurants, the Maldives will spoil even the most luxury-savvy traveler out there.
- Adaaran Rannalhi: Walk a long boardwalk out to your over-the-water hut, which features beautiful hardwood floors, and the sound of the ocean lapping underneath you day and night. Bungalows feature decks and the latest modern appliances.
- Anantara Kihavah: This hotel is famous for its underwater dining room where you’ll get to see the colorful ocean floor while having a five-star meal. Rooms here feature over-the-water accommodations with private pools or villas along the white beaches.
About 1000 miles off the coast of Africa, just next to the equator, the Seychelles is made of 115 coral and granite islands. The turquoise sea next to lush vegetation and mountains make the Seychelles a breathtaking vision. Luxury resorts on private islands can be accessed via helicopter or speedboat. If you dream of having your own island for a few weeks, Seychelles is for you.
- Raffles Praslin Seychelles: A modern building etched into the side of a mountain, Raflles Praslin is a beautiful luxury resort featuring high-end cuisine and an exclusive spa.
- Dhevatara Beach Hotel: Dhevatara is an eco-resort that seeks to preserve the natural environment as part of the authentic experience of Seychelles. Shoes are optional and you’ll be in one of 10 uniquely designed villas that reflect the African, Victorian and Indian inspirations of Seychelles’ history.
In the middle of the Indian Ocean about 550 miles from Madagascar, Mauritius is a volcanic island surrounded by coral reef. Palm trees, crystal lagoons and smooth beaches make this setting nothing short of perfectly paradisiacal. Here you’ll find championship golf courses and five-star spas.
- Maradiva Villas Resort and Spa: Every room in this five-star resort overlooks the Tamarin Bay. Each vial also has its own plunge pool and open-air living quarters. You’ll have access to exotic Indian-inspired spa treatments as well.
- LUX Belle Mare is a boutique luxury hotel that features classic thatched hut villas with their own plunge pools, beautiful landscaping and wide communal pools along the beach.
Want to combine luxury lodging with the thrill of the safari? You could even combine a trip to the Seychelles with a trip to Kenya for a luxury safari.
- Alfajiri Villas: If you want the unique combination of luxury beach stay with a nearby safari, take advantage of the Alfajiri Villas on the Diani Beach. Villas overlook the Indian Ocean with high Makuti roofs and ivory Danish floors and wood beams. Most of the furniture is even built locally. Nearby, you can visit the Tsavo East National Park for a safari.
- Solio Lodge: Contemporary design and vaulted thatched roofs give this lodge a unique feeling. The Solio game reserve is one of the richest reserves in Africa with a large population of rhinos, buffalo, oryx, leopards and cheetahs.
5 South Africa
South Africa offers some of the most creative and luxurious lodges in pairing with exotic African safaris.
- Sabi Sabi: Literally carved out of the land, Sabi Sabi offers several luxurious lodging options that are paired with exotic safari. Earth lodge at Sabi Sabi is one of the most environmentally friendly lodges in Africa. Each suite features wooden sculptures from local artist Geoffrey Armstrong along with beautiful natural and luxurious furnishings and decor. The lodge offers holistic body treatments, an art gallery, 6000 bottles of rare wine and an incredible dining experience where you can sit in the open air dining room overlooking the wildlife while your feet dangle in a shallow pool.
- Thanda private game reserve: Thanda’s luxury lodge comprises several beautiful lofted ceiling thatched huts with exotic wood floors and beautiful decor. Each has a lounge area and master bed along with a game-viewing deck and infinity pool. You’ll also have a private boma for romantic dinners.
If you’re looking for the most exotic and luxurious vacation available, pair these locations with the listed hotels and you’ll have the experience of lifetime.