It says something about the human condition that we are prepared to pay good money to frighten ourselves half to death by being thrown around the breakneck curves and twists of a towering steel structure at high velocity while strapped into car shaped like an oversized bullet.

Rollercoaster fanatics live for the adrenalin rush that each trip provides, and with coaster designers becoming ever more ingenious in their perverse desire to scare the wits out of hard-core coaster riders, the stakes are raised just that little bit higher each time a new rollercoaster is unveiled.

Here then, in no particular order, are the world’s top ten scariest rollercoasters.

List by: | July 3, 2011 | Lifestyle

19 comments, join the conversation!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

List written by: List Contributor

This article was written by a List Contributor, you can find the author's information at the bottom of the article. Do you have a list to share? Send it to contribute@allyouneedislists.com!

19 Comments

1. Even looking at them makes me a bit nervous. I’m from Sri Lanka and we don’t have roller coasters here, but I did try one when in Malaysia and it was scary. But that was only like 60 feet, can’t imaging going over 400 feet.

2. Awesome post, I know where my next travels will be. I don’t think anything can beat the thrill of Kingda Ka though, the uneasiness in my gut lasted 20 minutes lol.

3. In Orlando ,Florida in Disney World what are the scariest rides that have alot of thrill?

4. I could say that it’s very scary to ride to any of the roller coasters shown above.

Lisa from Guitar Made Easy

• i can tell you the tower of terror is not scary for surez ive been on it a hundred time

5. I have Roller Coaster World on PS2 and I haven’t played it in forever. I just made a new roller coaster for my theme park and I used to be able to ride it as one of the people on it or whatever. How do I do this? Thanks :)

6. So I’m like pretty much very afraid of heights and I dont have a lot of experience with roller coasters. But im going to six flags great america soon. It would be helpful to hear what the most scary roller coasters are so I can stay away from or be cautious of them. Thanks!

7. nice post.great knowledge present in this post.thanks for sharing this nice and amazing post.

8. My wife would love these roller coasters, I on the other hand am not to fond of any roller coaster that puts me in an upside down position!

9. I have Roller Coaster World on PS2 and I haven’t played it in forever. I just made a new roller coaster for my theme park and I used to be able to ride it as one of the people on it or whatever. How do I do this? Thanks :)

10. Just desire to say your article is as astounding. The clearness to your put up is simply excellent and that i could assume you’re an expert in this subject. Well along with your permission allow me to grab your RSS feed to stay up to date with impending post. Thank you a million and please carry on the enjoyable work.

11. Some of those rides are scary, but the tower of terror isn’t one of them. Sure it’s tall and very fast, but it doesn’t supply the fear factor that many other coasters do. And since SEFK is the same thing, I’d say that’s not scary either.

12. anyone else realize how the last one (#10) is obviously the same one as X2 at six flags in LA

It’s the scariest ride ever, and was listed as #1 on another list somewhere else…

13. i love Abrahm Lepesh

14. Number 10 definately seemed like the scariest.. I got a headache from just watching it

15. Great post and even better video – feels like your right there!

• Looks good! Thanks for the addition Mary!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. As dez montanhas-russas mais assustadoras do mundo | CCAA - [...] outras montanhas-russas imperdíveis no post especial do All You Need is Lists. [...]
  2. Hot Tubbin’ It in the Winter | 2 Web Design - […] or you hear about, and you think, why would you do that? How on earth is that enjoyable? Such …